Packing and Moving House with Pet
Moving with pets can be tricky. Whether you’re moving pets across the country or just to a new place in your same town, the general sense of upheaval will feel the same to them. Animals are notoriously territorial, and they feel stress just as much as humans do (if not more, since they can’t talk it out). They’re experts at reading the body language of their people, and can easily pick up on – and appropriate – the anxiety and strain that is typical during the moving process. They’re also tied to routine and can get confused and alarmed by the sudden shift in the to-do list.
Plan ahead to avoid surprises
- Check the local laws: Find out if you need a new license, what the leash laws are, and whether there are breed bans in place. Your new landlord might be fine with a Rottweiler but some local governments, neighbourhood associations, and insurance companies do not allow certain breeds.
- Find a new vet: Don’t wait until your dog gets injured or sick. Do some research to find out if they’ll need any new vaccinations or preventative medications. Does your new area have ticks, heart-worm, or leptospirosis?
- Make sure your pet has identification: “We’ve all read the wonderful stories about dogs who were lost during a household move and eventually found their way home across the country,” says of ASPCA Health Insurance. “This is so rare that it’s always news. Better to have an ID tag on the pet’s collar and have your veterinarian microchip the dog for permanent identification.”
Select a New Neighbourhood, Home and Apartment
Before you pick out your dream home, make sure your pet will love it just as much as you do. It’s a good idea to walk around the neighbourhood to determine whether the area seems safe for your pets. Be on the lookout for neighbourhood dogs that seem aggressive or are left unattended.
When it comes to square footage needs, pet differs:
- For your feline friends, ensure your potential new space allows for plenty of room to build vertically—it’s easy to create a lot of vertical space with shelving, such as kitty blocks on top of furniture.
- Consider your pet’s needs on a case-by-case basis. Older pets, puppies, and dogs with house training issues will need to go outside often, which might be difficult in an apartment building with lots of stairs or a house without a yard.
Pets Packing Up Your Home
Pets aren’t big fans of change. You can help your cats (and skittish dogs) adjust to the moving process by bringing in moving boxes early, and by keeping your furry friends in a familiar room you plan to pack up last. On moving day, keep your pets in a quiet room with the door shut, or at a friend’s house. This will ensure that your cat or dog won’t get scared and try to make a quick getaway while the movers load up the truck. During the moving process, try to keep your pet’s routine as normal as possible.
Contact: RIGHTWAYS PACKERS AND MOVERS FOR HOUSE MOVING WITH PET
Rightways Packers is a leading relocation company based in Jaipur and Delhi. The company offers all Home/Office shifting services like packing, loading, transportation, unloading & unpacking. Our professional take care of your households and safely moves from your house. We are trustworthy and experienced packers and movers in Jaipur and Delhi which provide all relocation services in all over India.
Rightways Packers & Movers
Ambabari, Sikar Road,
Jaipur – 302012
Mobile No.: +91 – 98290 – 11329
For Any Query, Book Here